Friday, December 10, 2010

December came to quickly!

It has been a while since I have last posted so I need to catch everyone up on what has been happening in our crazy lives.

First of all, our Thanksgiving was really fun. Jordan and I traveled down to Utah to meet up with my mom and sister, Kaylie. Once we met with them, we left our car and piled into my mom's car for the rest of the trip down to Temecula. It was a 15 hour drive all together, but it was fun. I got to ride front seat the whole time, because of my special privileges of being me:). We spent the next week hanging out with my three cousins, Alyssa, Corinne, and Andrea, and their dad, Uncle Marc.

We had the opportunity to watch them be baptized. It was really an amazing experience. My dad flew in from Colorado, and baptized the three of them the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. My sister Erin and I said the prayers, My mom spoke on baptism, one of the elders, Elder Whimpy (who happens to be 6'9" and 300 lbs... not really whimpy) spoke on the Holy Ghost. Jordan got to stand in the confirmation circle along with my dad and some other elders. Basically everyone that attended was not a member of the church, so to see so many people come out and support them was truly and amazing experience.

Thanksgiving was amazing too. We went bowling (family tradition of course!), ate great food, spent time together, and watched Elf! It was really nice to spend it all together.

When Jordan and I returned to Idaho, it was not how we had left it. Apparently there was a huge blizzard that came through, that pretty much shut down town. The remains are still on the ground to this day.

Jordan and I have been super busy in trying to get everything we need done for school. He has lots of papers and tests, and I have some pretty extreme projects and portfolios due. I thought being a Senior would be easy! But I am super stoked because I got nominated for the Newel K. Whitney Scholar Award. Four faculty from our department have to nominate you to receive the award, and it is only among graduating students. The communication department is one of the largest on campus, so I am lucky to receive this award. Jordan came with me to the ceremony yesterday where the school gave us these really cool mantel clocks. Each student was recognized by a teacher that they are close to. Brother Ryan Hales gave me mine, and I am so thankful for the nice things he said about me. It was truly and amazing experience. Plus I got some pretty amazing cheesecake after the ceremony.

Well that is pretty much our lives at the moment. My parents are coming next week for graduation, so I will update everyone then. Until next week my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Yah! You are going to be a graduate! How exciting! I miss you, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete