Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Escape From Bumbo

Many of you know, I love to take pictures of my little girl. For some reason I sometimes find I just walk around with the camera in my hand. Today, I realized why I do that. Hallie is hilarious. Every time I turn around she is doing something new, giving me a new face, or just plain being the cutest thing I have ever seen. Today was no exception. I turn around from the laundry to find Hallie 'caught in the act.'

Ladies and gentleman, I give you,

"Escape From Bumbo"


I had to share that story first. I laughed for a long time about it. But moving on, obviously we just had a holiday. Halloween!!! This year was probably one of the funnest Halloweens Jordan and I have had since we've been married. Obviously because now we have a little one to celebrate with. Of course, she can't eat any of the candy and she really has no clue what is going on, but it was fun to dress up and celebrate.

Hallie was a baby kitty, I was momma cat, and Jordan was a dude with dreadlocks. Jordan didn't want to wear cat ears with us. But it was still fun. On Saturday we went to Candace, Aaron, Brant and Macy's ward for the trunk or treat. We got a good haul. But the good candy came from the actual Halloween. Candace invited us to go trick or treating with their family in one of the nicer neighborhoods in Idaho Falls. Basically anyone who is a doctor or makes money lives in this neighborhood. We were making out with full sized candy bars, and one house was giving away toys. I don't mean rinky dinky dollar store toys. I mean they let all the kids into their house and pick from this toy store they have set up throughout the whole house. No parents are allowed in, but the lady let Jordan in (Hallie was strapped to his chest) and led him to where the baby toys were stashed. It was awesome. We will be going with Candace and her family every year from now on. To round out the night we watched Hocus Pocus and Season of the Witch. It was an awesome Halloween (even though I can't eat chocolate-stupid dairy diet).



We also carved pumpkins this year. I carved a cat, and Jordan carved the grim reaper. Hallie watched in amazement of her awesome parents.



Along with all the Halloween festivities, I got to take family pictures for a girl I used to work with and her family. They were so much fun. I'm so glad they let me take them!



1 comment:

  1. Melissa!!!! Wow!!!! Those pics are awesome! I am so proud of you you talented friend you!

    ReplyDelete