Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Maya

When I haven't taken pictures for a while, sometimes I feel like I loose my sparkle, my touch. And with certain recent events, I haven't even wanted to take random pictures of my child. I had two different people ask me to do pictures for them. Little did they know, that I have kind of been dreading it. Which is crazy. I love taking photos of people. I feel like I have been in a little bit of a funk, and I felt like I would never get out of it.

Well along comes little four year old Maya. She is probably one of the prettiest little girls I have ever seen. It does help that she absolutely loves Hallie. Every time we see her she always plays with Hallie. So maybe I am biased a little, and also because she is my niece.

Moving on....

Like I said I have been kind of dreading pictures. I feel like I have had no inspiration. I also get down on myself because I don't have all this nice equipment I want that make my photos look the way that I want them. And because I am always looking at other photographers websites and looking at professional pictures, and so on. It's quite easy to get down on yourself.

I am so glad that I shot Maya. I felt so smooth and calm the whole time. I didn't even have to think hard to pose her. It just flowed so naturally. She was being awesome. Giving me the cutest faces, and the biggest smiles. It was probably one of the best shoots I have ever had. Plus, I loved all the photos. I didn't even have to edit them very much. Maybe I am just getting better at taking pictures. I am so happy how they came out and I hope her mama like them too!

Here are just a couple of my favorites.







2 comments: