Friday, August 3, 2012

500 phone calls later...

I can't remember that last time that I blogged about randomness. I have been updating pictures and stories from summer like crazy, but I haven't been able to release my feelings. Sometimes the blog is just the best way to do it. I feel a little more comfortable than putting it out on Facebook or Twitter because hardly anyone will see it! So I can put my awesome random feelings out there without those weird friends you have commenting and making the relationship strange to the point that you want to un-friend them (which I did recently:/).

The Presidental Campaign.

I have to say that I haven't been totally in love with Mitt Romney, but he is a way better choice than Obama. But this last week I decided to volunteer for the Romney for President Campaign. My motives behind this are totally selfish. I wanted a "Volunteer" t-shirt from the Romney Campaign. I mean come on. Who doesn't love a t-shirt? And if he becomes president I will know that I helped!! So I signed up. Little did I know that making 500 phone calls would take up 6 hours of my time (probably more, I am low guesstimating it) for a silly t-shirt, but I learned a lot. And I practically lost my mind.

1. Young Democrats in New Hampshire are mean. Most of them would yell into the phone.. "I am a Democrat and I love Obama!" and hang up. Well thanks for that. Now it makes me understand a little.

2. Most of the old people in New Hampshire are republicans and are super nice, and are voting for Mr. Romney.

3. The nice Democrats that I talked to didn't love Obama and they didn't love Romney. Fence sitters I would call them.

4. Some old people are freaking senile and hilarious. My favorite conversation was with a retired gentleman who said, "I am not voting. All the politicians are G*& D^%$ criminals!" I just had to laugh with him. Come on I was about 300 calls in and I was starting to loose my mind too.

5. Sometimes I would get super nervous when a really old person would get on the phone so I would just hang up. ah! naughty.

That was just my insight into the world of cold calling. I would hate that for a real job. But I do have to say that if anyone every calls me collecting research I will gladly answer their questions. There are people that get paid to do it. If you hang up on them, it is more likely that person will not meet their quotas and that person will lose their job. If that person loses their job, well our economy will stink even more. So next time someone calls you for research, answer their questions... unless they are trying to get your social security number or your credit card info.

I have a lot more respect for Mitt Romney. I hope he gets elected, and I hope, truly hope that he can change things for the better instead of another 4 years of nothing but more debt and a stupid health care bill. 

Well that's all I have to say. The deadline to get the t-shirt is August 5th, and it is the 3rd. So hopefully I will get it. I will update you on whether or not it actually comes. Fingers crossed because I really want one. :)

Oh and here is the link if you want to volunteer!!

http://www.mittromney.com/call-home-landing?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20120801_lb_cfh-aug-super-sat-non-targets_facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment