Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Weekend Getaway

This last weekend Jordan, Hallie, and I made the long voyage to Utah. A whole 3 1/2 hour drive. It seems like a voyage because Hallie does not enjoy being in her car seat. She loathes it. But we left during her nap time in hopes that she would sleep, and after 2 hours of screaming crying she did sleep. Well anyways...

The reason that we went to Utah was for a wedding! One of my very good friends from high school, Caleb, was getting married. I knew I couldn't make it to the reception in Colorado, so I figured that going to the wedding and reception in Utah would do:) His twin brother, Jon, is getting married this weekend in San Diego, and since we can't go to that either we figured we should go to at least one thing.

I cannot express the words or feeling that I get when I attend a temple sealing. I have seen people get married out of the temple, and the ceremony is always nice, but nothing compared to two people in the temple.  I always cry when I see the emotion of my good friends, and knowing Caleb as long as I have and seeing the look of happiness on his face and his wife's face was just amazing. To me, a sealing is one of the most sacred and beautiful things that happens in the temple. It is the whole point to life. Two people being together for time and all eternity and having all of their posterity sealed to them. I am glad that I got to go to the sealing and be reminded of the blessings that couples that choose to get married this way receive.

We also went to their outdoor reception, which was beautiful. Her dress was beautiful (which her mother made!! By far the prettiest home made gown I have ever seen. And probably one of the prettiest gowns I have seen a girl wear, and it complimented her so well!!) We got to meet up with all the old gang from high school. My favorite part was seeing Bonnie!!! Bonnie and I have been friends since 5th grade, and through her moving to Germany, going to different colleges, marriage, babies (on my end) her mission, we still have remained good friends. It was good to talk and catch up.

All of this wouldn't have been possible without my good friend Courtney. Whenever we go to Utah she puts us up. I feel like we use her... but I am so glad for the company. I would go to Utah and stay in a hotel and visit her anyways, but staying with them is just more fun. She cooks us food and is just the most wonderful hostess. I hope she knows how much we love and appreciate her and Jeff for always putting up with us:)

The trip was short and sweet, but so much fun. I am so glad I live so close to be able to share these memories with my good friends. I love them all very much!



 the dress! Sorry Cassi, I know you weren't paying attention... lol.



oh and while we were there Jordan and I found our future home. haha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment