Friday, November 12, 2010

Randomness.

Alright I have been a little busy this week, but I will fill you in on all the wonderful details of the past week.

Thank you to all the people that commented on my photos for last week. I was actually quite surprised by the one that everyone ended up liking. I even ended up asking one of the photo teachers on campus and he picked Photo C too! So to the good news. I am in class yesterday and we are critiquing photos. My photo was of course, the last one to get picked. My teacher is very particular and very picky. He picked my photo up, looked at it for a few seconds, and then asked who took the picture. I thought to myself, "Oh no. He hates it." I slowly raised my hand. He looked at me and said, this is a glass perfume bottle correct? I nodded. He just looked at me and said, "Your lighting in this picture is just beautiful. You did a tremendous job considering I haven't taught any of you how to properly light glass. This picture is stunning." My mouth dropped a little. I was so excited. He has never said anything nice to me! I just felt amazing. So thank you to all the people who voted and hopefully helped me get an A!

My sister and her husband are leaving on their cruise today. I know I mentioned it last week, but I am so jealous of them its ridiculous. They will be in the Caribbean living it up, while I will be in Idaho with the wonderful Snowy weather that we have been having. Let's just say that I hope dearly that Jordan and I can go to California for Thanksgiving. We need to get out of here!!

Also, I know that this is all that I talk about lately, but Graduation is coming up! I am so excited. I found out that I get exactly 8 tickets for graduation. That covers not nearly everyone. But I have a friend that is not using any of his tickets that will be handing them over. Thanks Lee! But I got an e-mail this last week from the University saying, President Henry B. Eyring will be dedicating the BYU-Idaho Center and will also be speaking at graduation! Oh my I was so excited. Then I got an e-mail about two minutes later that said, President Eyring will be dedicating the building, but will NOT be the graduation speaker. Talk about bummed out!! But then I thought, well it just leaves room for President Thomas S. Monson to be the speaker. Fingers crossed everyone!! But I am so happy that my family is coming up from Colorado and Jordan's family wants to support me. I feel so much love. Thanks guys!

Well that is it for the week. I need to post some new studio pics that I took. Remind me to tell you all the story of how I lit the studio on fire this week. :)

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, I am so happy your picture turned out to be so great. I bet that did feel so good to have your teacher be so impressed. You did do a great job, that picture really was pleasing to the eye. Have a great Thanksgiving! Candace

    ReplyDelete