Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November is here!

Well I am trying to keep up on my blog by posting once a week. Not much has happened so I'm not sure what to talk about.. I am sure I will find something:)

First I would like to say Congrats to Spence and Lexie! Their new baby, Mason, was born November 1st. That would be number 17 for Jordan's side vs. the 1 on my side. Come on Dixon's!! Let's start pumping out those babies! Ah just kidding.

Also, my sister Erin and her husband, Jordan, will be celebrating their 5th year of marriage. I cannot believe it has been that long. I remember when they got married. Granted I was a Junior in high school, so I would hope that I do remember! They are going on a cruise. Jordan and I were supposed to go with them (this has been a 2 year plan) but because they own a Sears they cannot leave the week of Thanksgiving (Black Friday) and Jordan and I are in school the week they can go. Schedules never work! Also, Jordan and I are poor. That contributes a lot to the decision to not go. But I hope they have fun and think about me while they are there!

Also, I would like to say that if you read my last post, Jordan and I had to stop carving pumpkins right when it was getting into the thick of it. We did end up finishing them. Mine was a brewing witch and Jordan's was a skeleton pirate. They were quite good, so I will have to post the pic of them.

Oh some exciting exciting news!! I blogged a couple weeks ago that my cousins were taking the discussions with the missionaries. Thank you so much for all your prayers! Their baptism date is set for November 27th! Their Dad (who has been baptized but in-active for quite some time) has gotten his life together and should be baptizing them! I am so excited for them because I know they believe it, and they are such sweet spirits. I love you girls!

Oh some more crazy news... Jordan's dad (my father-in-law) just got called as the Bishop of our ward. I wish him well and I hope that I will get to see his face again! :)

Ok and one more thing to say... I took some still life photos for my studio class and I need some help deciding on which one to turn in. Please any feedback would be wonderful!!
Photo A
Photo B
Photo C

Photo D

Photo E

Photo F

6 comments:

  1. Melissa you have a talent. I love them all which isn't helpful. Hope you do well sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all really, really good photos... but I like Photo B or C the most... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordan and I think C is the best but they're all good! Sorry you couldn't come with us maybe next time...:)

    ReplyDelete