Friday, January 13, 2012

6 month photoshoot

I have been very lazy about getting these pictures on my blog. Mostly because I did not want to spend the time scanning in all these photos. Let me explain.

I love to take pictures. I would totally take all of Hallie's pictures myself, but there are a few things that throw a wrench into the grinder. I wanted to get a 6 month picture of her similar to one taken of me at 6 months. Number one, I do not have a studio. Number two, I do not have studio lights. Number three, I did not want to go to the fabric store to try to find a backdrop. Number four, I did not want to run around town looking for the props that I needed for the shoot I wanted. Finally, Number 5, I had a coupon for JCPenney for free sitting fee and 3 dollars a sheet for pictures, so it ended up being cheaper just doing it there. Might I add was hilarious. I basically ran the shoot, pulled all the props I wanted, told her how I wanted her posed in basically every shot. The only thing I wasn't doing was physically holding the camera. Which, I did at one point, but only so the lady could place Hallie on the chair. Haha.

But they turned out so good. I would probably never go there again... well I can't say never because they were so cheap, well kinda. A disc was 175 dollars. And as someone who takes pictures, and knowing all the work that I did in the photo shoot.. haha... I did not want to pay that. So I just got prints. But Hallie is the cutest picture taker and it is impossible to choose. I got one of basically every pose. Then I learned that they put the pictures online. I decided to be naughty and just took a screen shot of all of them. So that is what you are seeing today. The quality isn't awesome, but hey I didn't have to scan them all in. Hooray.

Ok so my 6 month picture that I wanted them to copy and the picture they took (notice she does not have red hair like mine. I am still hoping!).


I am very pleased with what they came up with. I couldn't have gotten the lighting I wanted at home, and I am very happy I didn't have to go out and buy all the equipment I wanted just for the pictures. Even though I would totally do it, but Jordan keeps me level headed:)



And here are the rest of my favorites. I love them. I'm very happy I finally got to use her tutu!






1 comment: