Tuesday, January 17, 2012

the last of the sautters

I feel like the only thing that I blog about lately is taking pictures. Well, I guess that is the only interesting thing going on in my life. Buckle your belts, you are getting another photo post.

Jordan's youngest sister/sibling, Hillary, got married on December 30th. It was very exciting for the whole family because she is the youngest of seven kids. Which every single one got married in the temple. How exciting is that? Anyways, since Jordan and I basically live with them, I got the thrill of getting to help with lots of wedding stuff. It was fun. I think I did more to help Hillary plan than I did for my own wedding, haha. Anyways...

Hillary's now husband, Spencer, is somewhat related to.... Gugelman. And if you are not from Idaho, or you are from Idaho and don't know who this is (shame on you Idahoans..well eastern Idahoans) He is the best photographers in the area, state, and I would dare to say in the country. He is amazing. Simply put. I had the job of taking their pictures, but when they got Gugelman (for a slammin' deal because he is kind of related to Spencer), I gladly stepped aside. I was only doing the engagements anyways.. haha.

Now getting to the good part. Hillary was getting her pictures done outside the temple a couple days before the wedding. Idaho weather is very unpredictable. Needless to say, a couple days wasn't enough time to get any of the pictures back from Gugelman. I got the daunting task of taking a couple pictures so they could display them at the reception. But.... I had to do it while Gugelman was doing it.

Let's just say I was VERY intimidated. He is an all-star. Pro. Creative visionary. etc. etc. I am a hobbiest. haha. I was shaking in my boots (literally.. it was freezing out there. And figuratively. He is amazing). I was nervous. I didn't even shoot for the first 20 minutes because I thought I would get in the way. But of course, not only is he an amazing photographer, he is super nice. So I am standing there, with what I thought was a nice camera... but is dinky compared to his TWO gigantic cameras with 6000 dollar lenses and a whole rolly suitcase of supplies, and he turns to me and says,

"Did you want to shoot too!!?? You are more than welcome!"

Oh my goodness. I about fell over and died. Gugelman just said I could shoot next to him. So we were comparing shots (which was no comparison) and I am feeling quite down with what mine look like compared to his, and he says,

"Those look really nice. You did a really good job."

AH! Amazing.

So even though they are no Gugelman pictures... they are mine.

completely mine. I hope you enjoy:)


1 comment:

  1. Haha. That WOULD be intimidating! But what a nice guy! And Melissa they look awesome! Don't you hide that talent of yours under a bushel.

    ReplyDelete