Friday, January 6, 2012

one sad week.

I find that I like to use my blog as more of a journal and that there are other people that get to read it too. Sometimes it is boring and bland, and sometimes I just like to write, write, write. I find myself reading a good friend of mine, Mrs. Cristine Garrison, and for the life of me cannot write as she does. Man what a voice she has. And in voice I mean literary voice. I can totally here her voice when I read it. She is so witty and amazing. I hope she knows that. I aspire to be like her.

Anyways....

I have to pictures to share and not really interesting news. Like I said before this is like my journal, so I am recording the saddest week of my daughter's life. Let me tell you one thing after another. This poor girl has had no break!

I have suspected that she has been teething for quite sometime. It started with the massive amounts of drool for about a month. And this week of course, a yeast infection. I didn't know that baby girls can get them with getting teeth. But by golly they can. Of course I am changing her diaper in the dark theater room when I notice that her "woman parts" are red. I think to myself.. OH! That is why she has been screaming her head off for two days. She has a diaper rash! Of course, I put diaper rash cream on her "woman parts." Bad idea. Even more screaming. I can not take the sad face of my little girl. She is pretty much going to get anything she wants growing up. I cannot say no to that face. She gets squinty eyes and has big alligator tears. So sad. Breaks my heart just thinking about it. So I go upstairs to talk to my sister-in-law Chalai. She has 5 girls. I would call her an expert. I start asking her questions and she immediately says, "Melissa I think it's a yeast infection!" OMG. I am retarded. Diaper rash cream?? Do I want to make this girl suffer! We got some yeast infection cream out and put it on her. Much better.

She finally starts feeling a little better and bam. Runniest nose you have ever seen. I have always said to myself I wouldn't be one of those people that their kid has dried snot on their face and dried boogers in their nose. By golly it is freaking hard to keep up with. I now understand why little kids' faces have dried snot on their faces. It's not their long, but it gets there.

Right after she gets a runny nose. Cough.

After Cough. Shots.

After shots. Fever.

Fever. More couging.

More coughing. Waking up a 2 in the morning until 5.

Not sleeping. Screaming all day long.

Pretty much the saddest week of her life.

The one upside is she is starting to eat solid foods. She has been wanting to for weeks. Grabbing at Jordan and my utensils, leaning over her bumbo to try to grab food, basically lickin gher lips and drooling everywhere anytime we eat, insisting on grabbing your cup anytime you have one, etc, etc. So we gave her green beans. She ate a ton. And did not spit out one bite. Although, she also tried to eat her bib....

I think she is so excited to eat, that she doesn't really care what it is. She wants to be a big girl.

This week she also started leaning to people when they grab for her. Or when I go to pick her up out of the saucer the puts her arms up and grabs for me. Cutest thing ever.

Well that is our lives. And the first week of 2012. Kinda miserable. But still some awesomeness from baby Hallie.

1 comment:

  1. poor thing!!!! i didnt know babies could get that either. jacob has eczema if it makes you feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete