Tuesday, March 13, 2012

dog VS tv

Lately Jordan and I have been feeling a little left out. Pretty much everyone we know has a dog, or is getting a dog. And basically for the past four years I have begged and pleaded to Jordan asking if we could get one. We always came to the conclusion that it wasn't the right time and we can get one when we know for sure where we are going to be (permanently).

About a week ago, almost everyone in Jordan's family decided that they were getting dogs. The only couples that don't have one now is Jordan and I, and Jordan's brother Aaron and his wife, Candace. Naturally, we got the bug... again. We started looking online and trying to figure out how much we were going to spend.

We got a pretty nice tax return and with some of the money, we were trying to decide what to do. It came down to this decision.

Dog VS TV.

Which usually, I am all for the dog. I have been begging for four years! But this time around I think I had a good head on my shoulders. I would have to take care of the dog, which is like taking care of a baby. And I am not ready for another baby (not quite yet:] ). So the decision came down to me... which I usually make the decisions anyways (I just let Jordan think he has apart in them, hehe)

and I decided....

TV.

Jordan and I have wanted to buy a big fancy TV since we've been married. We were fortunate enough to get one as a wedding present from my sister and bro in law and parents. But, with all the technological advancements out there, and with my husband having HUGE eyes for anything big and shiny, we decided to get a huge, nice tv.

It came down to two. A Samsung 46" and a Samsung 55". The cost difference was between 4 and 500. But basically the 55 inch one because it had all the bells and whistles, and because like I said before, my husband only has eyes for things that are bigger than his body.

I am glad we made the decision to get the bigger. Eventually, we would have been bummed to not get the cooler tv. I mean it's a smart TV and it is 3D capable, and it's gigantic. If we were going to spend the money, might as well get what we want.

As soon as I gave the ok nod to Jordan, I think it took all his strength to not jump up and down in excitement. He just turned to the salesman and said (with a gigantic grin)- "we'll take this one."

Good thing we bought a new car a couple months ago, because there is no way we would have gotten it home in the Maxima. We barley fit it in the Escape. We had to lay all the seats down, and I had to hold Hallie coming home. haha. What a site to see. We even had an onlooker when we were loading the TV into the car. It was a little strange... but funny just because the box was HUGE.

Let's just say I now have the happiest husband... ever. haha.

The first movie we watch on the TV? Of course.. Taken.

 Made him pose for it:) haha.

Old TV

 New TV. Notice how this one just sparkles?? 

2 comments:

  1. Good choice!!! Dogs are fun but it is super hard to have a dog and a baby!I love your tv stand too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!!! We're gonna have to come over and watch Mean Girls and play Rock Band on it! haha

    ReplyDelete