Sunday, March 4, 2012

8 month baby

I have a 8 month old. Is this for real?? I feel like it was yesterday that I was pregnant. In four short months she will be ONE YEAR OLD. I can't believe it my baby is growing up too fast! It's actually fun though because she is getting mobile and her little personality just shines everywhere we go. I love whenever we go out, without fail, I have at least one person tell me how beautiful Hallie is. They tell me she's got the biggest, brightest eyes they have ever seen; the cutest smile; the chubbiest, cutest, kissable cheeks; and so on.... What's a mom to do!? I am just so proud to be the mommy of Miss Hallie Jane.

So here are a couple of things that she has started doing
(and some in the past week, so I am including them because I am a week late getting this post up!).

Talks

Hallie loves to babble and scream. She does say momma and dadda, but I don't think she quite knows what she is saying yet. Whenever she says momma or dadda, Jordan and I will answer her with a, "yes?" Which she returns with a huge smile and a giggle.

Crawling

She is SOOOO close!!! She gets up on her knees, and even up onto her toes, but she just hasn't quite grasped the concept of moving forward. We can help her, and she will kind of do it. Once she gets it, she'll be cruisin. She pretty much rolls all over the place, and has no trouble moving backwards. She can turn herself to whichever way she wants to go.

On leap day, she went from her tummy to her butt. I was flabbergasted. It hasn't happened since. But it was awesome. 

Giggle

The first time Hallie ever let out a giggle was November 6, 2011. I remember specifically because it was the day after the first time she rolled over. She gave a big old laugh because of Cooper (Hillary's Maltese). Over the last couple months, it was so hard to get her to share that infectious giggle. We would try everything in the book. But, this past month she has been sharing that awesome giggle with us. Her most favorite things that make her laugh are:
Dogs- Namely, Cooper. He just gets her going. She just loves dogs. We were at Jordan's aunt's house and their dog was licking her face and it was the funniest laugh I've ever heard.
Singing- I have the Disney movie Pandora station and I'll sing it to her and she goes nuts. She also loves when I sing to Hairspray.
Dancing- I am shameless to say I have shimmied for her, and she thinks it's hilarious. I go nuts in front of her and she just can't contain herself.
"Stupid Dog"- I don't know why this is so funny. One time Cooper was in our apartment (he got into our garbage) and I said, "Geez Cooper you stupid dog!" And that is where it started. Everytime we say "stupid dog" she bursts into giggles. We do it in the dumbest voices, so she's probably just laughing at how dumb we are.
Peek-a-Boo- Hallie doesn't go nuts for the traditional peek-a-boo (you know, hiding behind your hands and popping out) you have to poke out from behind a wall or from behind the couch and disappear entirely. It's hilarious. 
Mickey Mouse- the only TV show Hallie will sit and actually watch for about 5-10 minutes. When they dance she thinks it's so funny. 

Tooth!

Finally, after 3 month of teething she has a tooth. It is by chance that I caught it on the day the tooth finally popped through...February 22. She was being a little fussy (acting a little different than usual), and I thought to myself, maybe she finally is getting a tooth? I ran my fingers over the bottom of her gums, and sure enough, there it was!! It had just barely came through. You couldn't even really see it. I haven't even really seen it since because she won't let me look at it. 

Kisses

Hallie has started giving kisses on command. Pretty much all you have to do is say "gimmie kisses!" And she will lean in and give you kisses. She hasn't done it to people she doesn't know well, but her cousins, aunts, grandma, she will totally do it. Sometimes she will just be in a lovey mood and just keep giving me kisses. She grabs my face and I get a face full of slobber, but I love it.

Clapping/Waving

On leap day Hallie legit started clapping. She was kind of getting it before that, she would bring her hands together in fists. I would keep opening her hands and bringing them together. Then on leap day, she just clapped. Made the sound and everything. She was so excited.

She has been waving for a couple months, but she is actually doing it front of people (sometimes). She mostly waves at herself. But hey, she's doing it.

We're teaching her to blow kisses. Hopefully she'll be doing that by next month by herself. 

Dancing

We watched Coldplay on GMA and she was rocking with me. Bobbing her head, moving her feet back and forth, making little noises. She was totally dancing. It was so awesome. And she has good taste:)


Well that is all that has been happening in our lives the past month. It is truly crazy how much babies grow and change in one years time. One day they can't do something, and the next they can. It's so crazy. I'm loving being a mommy. I think it helps that I have the most awesome baby :)




1 comment:

  1. Hallie has got to be one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen!!! She looks so much like you :) I have a niece that is maybe a month younger than Hallie. Isn't it so fun to watch them become more curious and develop their own opinions? I can't wait to have my own!

    ReplyDelete