Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happy Birthday Jords!

For those of you who don't know, Jordan shares his birthday with St. Patrick's Day! Which was last week, so I am writing this a little late. I've decided it's perfectly ok to write things late because I am a mommy (and I have decided to be sick) and I have a baby (who has also decided to be sick). So this week has been a little crazy in our house.

Anyways...

Jordan and I always like to make the day as special as we can. Basically filling every minute with non-stop fun. This birthday was no exception. We started off our adventures eating lunch at one of Jordan's favorite Chinese fast food, Panda Express, of course! Those of you who don't live in Idaho wouldn't know the life of living without Panda. It was built about a year ago (I think...). But even Hallie loved it. She ate pretty much all of my noodles (I may be exaggerating...haha).

Next we headed to the mall. Although we do get birthday presents, its always fun to pick things out that you have been wanting but might not have said to the present purchaser. Or it was something the present purchaser definitely wanted you present to pick out. Well Jordan had something in mind, and he wasn't leaving without it.... Brand spanking new basketball shoes. I have to admit, they are very pretty. And also, I wasn't hesitant to let him get them because he is playing at least 3 times a week (it only took us 4 years to get back into the grove of pre-marriage activities. haha). Some of the other things included: Heat basketball shorts, some clothes, and some pretty ties. I am a sucker for ties.

After the mall we got back home, dropped off the Hallie girl (Spencer and Hillary were so awesome to offer to watch her). We then headed to Sherlock Homes, in the cheap theater. Too bad Hunger Games is coming out this week, there is pretty much nothing else in the theater. We enjoyed it. I liked it a lot better than the first. We decided we'll probably have to buy it when it comes out on video, and get the 3D version (our new TV is awesome).

After we headed to Jordan's favorite restaurant. Red Robin. Although we were treated horribly the night prior (another story for another time), Jordan can't say no to the Banzai Burger. If you have ever been to Red Robin and haven't tried this one, you are sorely missing out. Of course we got sang to, and ran into Jordan's good friend from high school and his wife, Ryan and Kayli (it was good to see you guys again!).

After we headed home and got Hallie to bed. As noted above we spend every minute celebrating. So after Hallie was in bed, we went cosmic bowling accompanied by Hillary and Spencer. I have to admit the only thing I miss about being pregnant was being a good bowler. I don't know how but it made me awesome. Although I didn't do fantastic, Jordan did pretty well. We were out super late and got home right around midnight.

On Sunday, we had a continuation of celebrating. Jordan's whole family and my brother came over for dinner/cake/ice cream/ presents.

We had such a fun couple days, and are so thankful for family close by to make all this possible! Jordan is now 27... an OLD MAN! But I am so thankful that he is my husband. We are a perfect match. Sometimes in the good ol' life of marriage you forget how much one another means to each other. I am so thankful for fun celebrating days like this, when you get to do all you can to make the other super happy because it's their special day.

Happy Birthday again Jords. I love you so much!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment