Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Sunday

This Easter Sunday was quite eventful. First of all, Jordan and I had to do the ward bulletin for sacrament meeting. That is our new calling. It's fun because I get to practice my skills from school, but it is overwhelming because it is every week!! The person that used to do it complimented us and was so excited. She came up to me and said, "oh my gosh it is beautiful I am so excited that you have the calling now!" That was nice to hear. But I think she was the only one who noticed a difference.. haha.

 I spent FOREVER on it. I wanted it to be perfect. The front I did a quote from President Monson. I have seen these cute arrangements of prophet quotes floating around on Pinterest and I thought to myself, oh I can do that. It seriously took me 3-4 hours. That might be because I am a perfectionist. But I loved the quote, and it had everything to do with Easter and the Savior, so I'm glad that I did it. Here is just a peek....
It's kinda blurry... but it doesn't look like that in person... oh well!

In Sacrament meeting was another thing that was making my nerves all jumbled... singing. oh yes. singing. Hillary ans Spencer (Jord's sister and her husband) are living in the ward until they move to Georgia. It just so happens that the music person in our ward wanted them to sing before they left in sacrament meeting, and it just so happens that we were sitting next to them, and she came up and said, "The four of you sing yes? Ok you will sing in sacrament!"

I think my heart about hit the floor. I have never sang in sacrament outside of the Relief Society singing. Hillary and Spencer chose "Lead Kindly Light." And of course, Hillary and I sang ALONE together at the very first. Let's just say that when we were practicing in front of Blair and Gail I could not keep it together. I would giggle, and have pitch problems, and what not.

Well the day finally arrived and we sang. The four of us. All by ourselves. It was actually not too bad. I feel like I did as good a job as I could do, the other three were AMAZING (the Sautter's are just singers... and Spencer is musical also). I thought that I would be shaking like when I bear my testimony, but I didn't even do that. I was shaky. I didn't look at anyone besides Hallie. And we got through it.

I will probably never sing in sacrament again. But I am glad that we did this one time!

Of course, we did all the other Easter festivities like dying eggs and such. My mom left an Easter basket for Hallie when they came so she opened it. I am not big on giving gifts on Easter (when did it become like Christmas?) But we did get Hallie a sit to stand walker because we were going to get it anyways so we just gave it to her on Easter. And we also got her jammies, but that is only becuase she has grown out of all hers and we had none that fit her!

We watched the new Mormon Messages video on the Savior called, "He is Risen." I really liked it, but I am a big fan of the old one that is about 30 minutes. This new one is about 7. It really got the point across to me about the Savior, after all, that is what the Easter season is about.

The rest of the day was spent outside because it was beautiful out. It was such a wonderful day. So glad that my family could be all together.






No comments:

Post a Comment