Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Family Visit

I vowed to write a post every week, but last week I was so lazy! I did not feel totally 100 percent, and my house was a mess and I was scrubbing every inch. I feel like I clean more now then when I was pregnant.... So I am going to write two this week. I figure that it still counts :) Anyways...

My family came to visit for Kaylie's spring break. It was such a blast. Hallie turned 9 months. Insane! She is now older than the time that she was in my belly. So exciting. I have loved her out of my tummy way more than in. We celebrated Tristan's 3rd birthday, went to HUNGER GAMES ( I was very pleased with the movie. Just a couple things I was a wee bit peeved about, but not enough not to like the movie. I like Josh Hutcherson, I just wish he was bigger, and taller), shopped for Kaylie's prom dress, shopped in general, hung out with the family, played outside, watched General Conference, went out to dinner at Garcia's, and more that I probably can't even think of.

As I said before, Hallie turned 9 months the day everyone came. And she was crawling before they got here, but when the family arrived she just turned on the crawling gears. She is a mobile queen. Plus she has been able to wave since about 6 months, but now she is doing it on command. When people wave at her she waves back. I'm pretty sure she did it while my family was here, but it could have been right after they left.. so just a side note on Hallie's growing progress.

Also like I said before, we got Kaylie's prom dress. We went to Margene's Bridal. I used to work there (2 years ago!! Ah!! I can't believe it's been that long!!) and Kim and Joni helped us find the perfect dress. It was the very first one that she tried on. It was sequined head to toe, slit up the knee with a black and white zebra-esque print on the inside, high waistline with cascading flowers with jewels, and SLEEVES! It fit her pretty much perfect (she is a shorty so it needs to be hemmed) and did I mention that it had SLEEVES!? It's probably one of the prettiest dresses I've seen. If I was going to prom.... Kim and Joni were so awesome about it, and they gave us a discount! I totally didn't expect it, but I am so grateful for it!! Thanks again guys!















It was such a fun week. I'm always sad to see my family leave, and usually I cry a bit. But there was a mention of flying me out very soon... So I didn't cry. And now I'm flying in on Tuesday!! Just in time to see Kaylie play a soccer game and send her off to Prom:) I can't wait!!

2 comments:

  1. Her cute smiley face just melts me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Kim told me about you coming in to the store and she said you look AMAZING, which I can totally see in your pictures. I love your family picture at Red Rocks! Thanks for your well wishes with the job. Eventually we really want to end up in Colorado, and since that is your home state then we both need to be there!
    P.S. Your sisters prom dress sounds incredible! You better post pictures.

    ReplyDelete