Thursday, April 26, 2012

four years of love

haha. I just have to laugh at my own title. I just couldn't think of any other way to describe it. Jordan and I celebrated four years of marriage on April 12th. I can't believe that four years have gone by. There have been ups, downs, low points, high points, money problems, college, jobs, job problems, family drama, a BABY! and so much more.

I just look at the last four years and reflect. For those of you who don't know, I got married at 19. Crazy right? Sometimes I still get the look.. that crazy, young, stupid girl look. I have one things to say to these people who judge me getting married so young. I have been married longer than most people in the nation. I never ever have regretted my decision. I would marry Jordan one hundred times over. We have committed ourselves not just for life, but for eternity. Good thing I like him:) haha.

So that sums it up. There have been so many crazy/awful/wonderful things in our life. But that is what love is. It's unconditional. There have been times that I wanted to straight punch Jord in the face (if you're reading this honey, I would never do that. I love you:]), but I am committed. And that is four years of love... and many more to come.

We had such a fun time together. We went to Utah for the weekend (partly because one of my very best friends came home from her mission). I wanted to do something special, so I made reservations at the Melting Pot. I have heard things about the Melting Pot for years. I finally decided it was time for us to partake in the cultural madness.

We LOVED it. Simply put, it was amazing. It was romantic, private, delicious, and just down right fun. My good friend watched Hallie, so we were by ourselves. We got the 4 course meal. It was intimidating to order, with all the food we knew we were going to get. Little did we know that it would take 2 1/2 hours to dine there. I see why Europeans just eat and dine all night. I could totally do that. It was just fun to sit and dip our food in the fondue and make jokes and laugh with each other.

I wanted to take pictures of each part of the meal, but every time I remembered we were half way through it. Little piggies much?

Course 1:
Cheddar mixed fondue with bread, vegetables, and granny smith apples 


Course 2:
Dinner Salads


 Course 3:
Meats: steaks, fish, chicken, etc, etc


Course 4:
Dessert
We ordered the Flaming Turtle (milk chocolate, caramel, candied almonds all lit on fire)
To dip: Red velvet cake, strawberries, bananas, brownies, rice krispies, cheesecake, etc, etc




 We had such a wonderful time. I love my husband so much and I'm so happy we are married and have a wonderful little family. I wouldn't want to ever be with anyone else!

1 comment: