Monday, June 11, 2012

Before it's too late....

I have been terrible about blogging, journaling, scrapbooking, anything that has to do with Hallie. I feel like the only accomplishment I had was blogging about her. And even that has gone at the wayside. I feel terrible I am not tacking her accomplishments, her "milestones." So here it goes. I am going to try to recall everything that I haven't written in the past few months right now, before she is a ONE YEAR OLD! Holy cow. I am not the mother to a ONE year old. Not just yet anyways....

Oh man where do I even begin....

Hallie is an amazing sleeper. I mean legit. She takes 2, 2 hour naps (at least) everyday, goes to bed at seven wakes up at seven like clockwork. I can't count on my hand the amount of times that she has screamed going to sleep. I am one lucky mommy. There have been a couple times in the past month or two when she has woken up in the night whimpering, like she had a bad dream. But all I had to do was pick her up and rock her until she was soothed.

Hallie is a talker. I can not believe how amazing she is. She legit talks. She says, "bye, bye" and waves of course! "Hi, Daddy" "Mom" "No" and "baby".

The first time she waved and said bye bye was sometime in May. I don't know when. I was actually opening our front door to throw some trash out and I opened the door (Hallie is sitting in her high chair) and I hear "bye bye!"and I turn around and she is waving at me. I think that was the first time she said and and used it properly, and she has been doing it ever since. She says it before she goes to bed, and sometimes randomly. But she has learned to open and close her bedroom door and when she closes it she looks at me and says, "bye bye!" waves and shuts the door. Then she opens it and giggles because she thinks she's hilarious.

She probably got the dadadada down at the very first. And now when ever Jordan gets home from work, our front door makes this loud creaking sound and when she hears it, she just knows it's Jordan. She gets a big smile on her face and when Jordan pops his head in Hallie is right on cue, "Hi Daddy!"

The other distinct time I remember her using "Daddy" was at church and we had split from sunday school to relief society and Jordan had left. I was holding Hallie and she didn't want to be held by me. She kept pushing me away and was saying over and over, "dad! dad! dad! dad!" I took her to Jordan and she was content. Little booger.

Mom only gets used when she is mad or wants to be held, unfortunately. But that's ok because she yells for me a lot.

Of course the word No. She only uses it when you try to make her do something she doesn't want to do. She just starts chanting No, no, no, no, and then occasionally throws a mom in there, "no, no, no mom!"

And last, Baby. All children are babies. ages 0-15. Babies. All of them. She loves to stare at them, wave at them, laugh at them. She points to them and whispers, baby. I think she wants to go play and run around. But since she is not running yet she just says baby.

Of course there is the occasional word that she is repeating the sounds that I make so it makes her sound like she is talking. Those words include, "doggie, cracker, oh no, oops, mickey mouse, minnie, daisy, and many more that I can't think of right now. 

Pointing. Oh my goodness she cannot get enough of it. She points at everything. It is helpful when she knows to point at something she wants because I can go get it for her. She points at Jordan when she wants him to hold her. She points at toys. She sometimes just points at my face because it makes her laugh. Her dexterity is amazing to me. I think I have an advanced child.. but maybe I'm just boasting. lol.

Hallie is taking a swim class right now. She is awesome. She loves the water. It helps that the pool is 92-95 degrees. She doesn't even cry when we put her under the water. She gags a little when she comes up, but who wouldn't when they take a gulp full of pool water?

Loves to pull her books off the shelves. Not to look at them. Just to pull them off and throw them on the floor. She thinks its hilarious. She pulls one off, drops it, turns and sees if we are watching her. She starts laughing when she knows we're staring at her.

Hallie hugs her Pooh Bear, and her Lucy Lamb. The only 2 stuffed animals she will hug. And the only 2 things she will hug on command. We stick them in front of her and say give them hugs, and she wraps her arms around them so tight. Or if the are laying on the ground, she will go and lay on top of them and squeeze them. It's probably one of the cutest things I have seen, and the fact that she understands it. We can even just be in the room with pooh bear and say, go give pooh hugs! and she'll crawl up and pounce on him. It's awesome. 

Loves to be naked. She just loves to crawl around in the nude. It's hilarious ( I think I have overused this word in this post, but there is nothing more to explain it!). She will sit on the tile floor even, by her own choice! She is a crazy woman.

She has 3 teeth. Barley three. The third just cut through last week. I'm pretty sure there are about three more to come. Her top gums are looking very, very full.

Hallie will not wear bows, clips, flowers, headbands, ponytails, ANYTHING. The past couple months have been a fight, a loosing one at that. The minute I put anything in her hair, she rips it right out. It stinks! I have all these cute bows I have been wanting her to wear and.. nothing. I might have a tomboy on my hands...

She has the cheesiest smile. She crinkles her nose up and makes her eyes go squinty. She does it mostly in front of people, because they get a kick out of it, and she just loves the attention. It's quite funny to witness.

Has officially stood by herself 3 times. Not holding on to anything just standing alone. We think she is so close to just taking off one day. She loves her baby walker. She can do it all by herself. Stand up to it and push it around. She thinks she is such a big girl. But she is. Who could blame her for thinking it?

She likes to get up on all fours and then put her head on the ground and look back through her legs. It's so funny. Today she even added a leg lift to that, so she was only standing on one leg and her hands, and her head of course.

Hallie dances. She basically just moves her shoulder and belly up and down to songs she likes. Which is mostly to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. 

She is so flexible. I can't even expalin it. She can bend in half. She can do the splits. She can grab her foot and bring it to her head while she is in sitting position. I might have a dancer/cheerleader on my hands!

Well, that's all I can think of right now. I hope that is everything that I need to remember about my little baby before she is a ONE YEAR OLD!

The past year has gone by so fast. I cannot believe it. It has been such a joy to have her in my life!









No comments:

Post a Comment