Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Many wonders of the past week.

Ok, post number two. One for the books! There has been nothing too exciting that is going on in my life, but I feel like rambling about the on-goings of our lives here in Idaho.

For those of you who didn't know, I am no longer working at Chesbro Music Company. It was just an internship so it had to end eventually. But there is good news (as of today)! My wonderful teacher Sister Beth Hendricks has hired me to do a mentorship for her this my very last semester of college. It is a pay reduction, hour reduction, and work increase; but I am excited to at least be bringing home some of the bacon. Tomorrow it is off to the Kimball building to turn in my driver's license and social security card! Oh the wonders of working. After this semester you ask? Oh well let me tell you! I am currently applying for another internship with INL. For those of you form Idaho you know what this is. But for everyone else.. It is the Idaho National Laboratory. It is basically the place responsible for cleaning up the oil spill in the gulf this last summer. Kevin Costner (was it him?) has funded a scientist here and they pitched it to Congress (and much more wonderful thigns in the news) and bang, INL. They give 40 hour a week paid internships for 5 months. So fingers crossed people!

Now let's update you on Jordan. Right now he is studying for test #4. All of which he has had in under a week. Might I add that Jordan's long lost sister Chalai visited from Texas (with all her six bundles of joy that we surley miss) and Jordan has been cooped away even for that. Let's just say that my husband is having an affair with Psychology and I am missing him dearly.

And now for the grand finale!!!!

My dear cousins in California lost their mother to breast cancer this last August. I am deeply sorrowed for their loss, but so excited for what is to come. The girls have been somewhat interested in the church all growing up. They have never had a full submersion into it. After the death of their mommy who other than the wonderful LDS missionaries to come knocking at their door. Let's just say I got a phone call from them today asking when I would be in California so I could be apart of their baptism. What a joyous phone call I received. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Please pray for my cousins that they will become members of this wonderful church and they will have the courage to be baptized (who would have thought writing a blog post could make you cry).

That is all my dearies. Have a good week:)

3 comments:

  1. You're cute! I love to read your blog. (P.S. I love your lemon cake too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, That is awesome you got that internship with your teacher. I totally hope you get the one at the INL. That would be great! i am so excited you will be graduating soon. What an awesome accomplishment. Well I guess if Jordan is having an affair, that is a good one to have an affair with, He He! Love you guys, Candace

    ReplyDelete