Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Flu Season has Arrived

For all of you out there who have not gotten sick yet, I am envious of you. I just spent an entire weekend on the couch. Which my very kind husband basically neglected his life to take care of me. What a wonderful husband I have. Now let me recap the story, because I know you all are dying to know.

Friday night Jordan's parents took us to dinner at the Outback. So wonderful of them (they are basically the best in-laws anyone could ask for) Anyways, I decide that I want to order something new. I go with the Pork Sweet Glazed something or another. It was pretty good and I was content with life. Jordan and I had a date for when we got back to carve pumpkins. I found out last year that I am extremely talented at carving pumpkins. I had not tried since my senior year of high school, which ended with five stitches (which I had to compete cheerleading in) and that is a story for another time. Anyway, I put the design on my pumpkin and put one slice into that sucker.... and bam. Whoozy. I feel as sick as a dog. You know that feeling that you get when you feel like throwing up but it will pass? That is how I feel. So I lay down. The feeling gets super intense. I sit in front of the toilet. Camped out for about an hour. Jordan convinces me to lay on the couch and he will put a bucket next to me. I fall asleep. I wake up about an hour later, Jordan asks me how I am feeling....and bam. Throw up. I will spare you the details but pretty much all of my dinner came out, and I threw up about 3-4 times in one sitting. I am just thinking "is this how it feels to throw up? Seriously." I am shaking and my eyes are watering. Let's just say that I spent the rest of the night getting up to throw up the water I was drinking and dry heaving. What a tremendous night.

OH wait it gets better. At my school they have dances (kinda lame, whatever). But it is my last semester so I want to live it up. It is a Masquerade Ball, Jordan and I already bought masks, tickets, arranged everything, whole nine yards. I am totally thinking that this flu will pass. Little did I know that every time I got off the couch I would want to puke. Not to mention I got a fever. When was the last time I got a fever?? So we missed the Masquerade Ball. Totally disappointing. They take your picture and everything like a high school dance. I just wanted to experience one with my husband.. oh well. That day we also missed our oldest nephew's 8th birthday party (Happy Birthday Jax!!). We are terrible aunt and uncle... Sorry Candace we wanted to be there!

I also miss my brother's 27th birthday. (Happy Birthday Sean!) His birthday was Sunday and I still feel terrible. They have a 19 month old, and I did not want to chance giving him (or them) what I had. So I skip that. Jordan teaches our Sunday School class by himself... 19 kids showed up this week... I love you Jords!.... while I spend another day on the couch.

This is what I have to say to you Mr. FLU. You stink. I hate you. You ruined the one weekend where I had things planned. If you come again, you will not be welcome here.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, I totally love you, I have not ever enjoyed reading someones blog as much as I do yours. Such a big bummer man, I really hope Mr. Flu bug doesn't come my way! Why does it always seem to happen at times when you have plans. No worrys about missing jax's party, we totally understand. We know you would have rather been there than doing what you were doing. Hope you are much better! Candace

    ReplyDelete