Friday, October 22, 2010

Taylor Swift

Many of you reading this right now read my post for last week, so this is kind of a continuation.

So I am currently employed by my wonderful teacher Beth Hendricks. She is one of the advertising professors on campus. I am helping her come up with more youthful oriented lectures for class. The other day she was talking to me about Taylor Swift. And I am thinking to myself, "oh please don't make me do this." Although I enjoy Taylor Swift I have gotten the impression that she is highly over-rated. I mean I agree she is an entertainer, but when she starts taking awards away from Carrie Underwood for being a better singer, I would have to disagree....

Anyway, I am spending my morning researching T. Swift (which I am getting paid to do:]) And she is probably one of the smartest people in the world. Her name/brand is huge. She is partnering with everyone under the sun. Just a short list:
Target, Sony Ericcson Phones, Sony Digital Cameras, Comcast, Royal Carribbean Cruises (she is doing an exclusive concert for passengers when they dock in Cozumel, Mexico), etc, etc.
She is putting tons of content out there about her New CD, "Speak Now" like what each inspiration was for each song, including a song written about the Kanye West 'incident', and it is blowing up everywhere.

Although I have had my skepticism on this girl. Dang she is smart. She is what, only 20 years old, and has her name everywhere. She has probably the most amazing PR/AD/Managers ever. And she will not be going away anytime soon.

As an advertising student, I am thoroughly impressed. Taylor Swift, you have changed my mind about you.

1 comment:

  1. Courtney ChristensenOctober 22, 2010 at 10:46 AM

    But....she still sucks at singing.

    ReplyDelete