Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I voted today.



I did this today.

Voted.

Go me.

I have only voted twice in my life (for president) but this vote really means a lot for our country.

I am so thankful for our founding fathers, being lead by the spirit of God, who laid the path for everything that we have today and the freedoms that we all enjoy. I love that we can all express ourselves.

I wish that we wouldn't put others beliefs or thoughts down because they do not match our own. Right now I live in a place where I don't really experience that very often. I have been sheltered from the political craziness going on in the world (unless I get on Facebook...) in the forms of ads and other things, so I'm not tired out of being excited for the Presidential Race.

I am a little bit disappointed because I did not get my volunteer shirt from the Romney/Ryan campaign, mostly because I wanted to wear it today. I hope that doesn't give away who I voted for....

Which reminds me of a funny story...

I was trick or treating when I was little, somewhere in the 8-10 range. We knocked on a door in my neighborhood. The lady was dressed as a witch and had her "I voted" sticker on and was telling us young kids how important it is to vote. Then I said, "who did you vote for?" The lady said, "That's none of your business!!" and slammed the door in our faces. As a young child, I was stunned. How rude. Now that I am older, I guess it is a sticky subject to talk about...

Go Romney.

No comments:

Post a Comment