Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hallie Bear is 2 (for about a month now)

It still baffles me that Hallie Bear is 2! She is such a big girl and growing everyday. I haven't written a post about her in a very long time, and I'm not going to recap the last 7 months that I haven't written about right now. Just her birthday.

My mom and my two sisters came out for her birthday. I was so excited that they came to celebrate. Especially since we just bought our house and they hadn't seen it. Mostly for them to see Hallie and spend time with her.

We spent the morning doing Hallie's 2 year old pictures. I couldn't get her to smile or even really look at me, so we had to bribe her with crasins. We got a few cute ones of her but not "the shot." My mom starting singing "Do as I'm doing" to Hallie right behind me, and she looked right at me. It was the last photo I took.

We mostly hung out all day until her birthday party (and made food and decorated for her party) because Jordan had to work all day and we didn't want to do anything too special without him. My mom and sister, Erin, totally make the best party food. This was no exception. Plus my sister-in-law, Mary, made cake pops. Hallie ate about half of them I'm sure. And my sister-in-law, Tiana, made Hallie's Minnie Mouse birthday cake. The cake was beautiful!

Hallie had quite a turnout. All our close family came and a few friends.

Jordan and I technically got her Copper for her birthday, but we had to get a her a few things. From us she got Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head, a Minnie Mouse cash register, and a remote control truck. Hallie loves trucks, so we had to get it for her. My mom bought her a Bitty-Baby with a matching outfit (it is so adorable!! and Hallie loves babies), she got a miniature Minnie Mouse that she can dress up (she still takes it everywhere), clothes, TOMS! puzzles, books, gift cards, and more that I can't think of.

It was so sweet to watch her open her presents and oooh and ahhh at everything she got. And every time she opened something new she wanted to play with it right away and not move on to the next present.

After presents was cake. She almost blew the candles out by herself, but got a little scared when she got too close after trying to blow them out the first time.

We had such a wonderful day and a wonderful time with everyone! But mostly we're so thankful for our Princess Hallie. You should hear her say "Princess Hallie!" It's the cutest thing ever.








2 comments: