Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Reese Elizabeth | photoshoot


A couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to take newborn pictures of my new niece, Reese. I was super excited and super nervous. The only newborn shoot that I had done before that was Hallie's. And to say the least, newborn pictures are complicated. They pretty much don't do what ever you want them to, they don't stay posed more than a second, and when their diaper is off it is pretty much free game of going to the bathroom everywhere.

When I did Hallie's newborns I did them alone, and I look back and wonder how I did it. Tiana and Tevin were both helping me the whole time. I also wanted to recreate some newborn pictures that I have really like on the internet. Holy cow those things are hard to do. If you have no idea how someone did something in a picture, likely is, you will not get the shot. I have learned this lesson over, and over again. For some reason I thought that it wouldn't apply to doing newborns pictures. Well, of course I was wrong, and there were a million things I wanted to do but didn't get to.

Overall, I am quite pleased with how they turned out. All though I didn't get to do everything that I wanted, Reese was a good sport. Might I add that Tiana is a good sport for sitting by and watching as I tortured her newborn.. haha.

So here are a couple of favorites. Anyone out there that is also a picture taker, I would love feedback. Just throwing that out there:) 
































1 comment: