Friday, February 17, 2012

St. Valentine's Day

I know I should have written this a couple days ago, but I have been trying to compile my thoughts. I couldn't decide if I wanted to share this particular story, but it has been on my mind.

Jordan and I split Valentine's Day into two days. Hallie goes to bed around 7-8ish and we wanted to do dinner and a movie. We didn't want to stick her with anyone in her waking hours, so we wanted to wait until she was asleep so Jordan's parents would just need to listen to the monitor.

Monday night we saw "The Vow..." I will be coming back to this....

Tuesday was awesome. I got a big bouquet of flowers delivered to me from Jordan. That night we went to the Olive Garden. Pretty much everyone else in Idaho Falls went to the Olive Garden too... We got there and the hostess told us it would be at least an hour and a half wait. Oh my. I was not having this. I was starving at it was 8 at night! I took a look at the bar... and I walked over and there were two seats available. I waived Jordan over and we ate our Valentine's dinner at the bar. It was quite hilarious. The bartenders were so awesome and we were in and out so fast. I noticed a couple that was waiting when Jordan and I arrived, and when we were leaving they were still waiting to be seated! Couldn't believe it. It was so fun, we got to watch basketball, eat our dinner, and we were in and out in about an hour.

Ok, now back to Monday night.

Jordan and I went and saw "the vow." It was ok. I'm still deciding if I liked it or not. It makes you extremely frustrated the whole time, and it doesn't exactly end the way you would want it to. Anyways Jordan and I started talking about the 'semantics' of the film. Basically what would we do in that situation, and getting into the details (am I the only one or do I think about characters and what they are doing outside of the film, their expenses, how things are possible, etc, etc??).

When we were talking about this, Jordan brought up his accident (he lost some of his memory and has never gained it back, and things before the accident are a little scrambled to him). For those of you who don't know, Jordan was hit by a car when he was ten years old. When I say hit, I mean HIT. He ran his bike head first into a vehicle going 40-50 mph and was launched a good 100 feet. He had major head trauma, and if I can recall the story correctly, had internal bleeding in his head near his brain. And if I also remember this correctly, the ambulance that came for him didn't really give much positivity into him making it. Luckily, Jordan's dad was able to be there and a couple of neighbors and they were able to give him a priesthood blessing before the ambulance took him to the hospital.

But, when Jordan got to the hospital, he had no internal bleeding, only a concussion and severe road rash. He only has a little scar on his forehead now. What a miracle that happened. It was 100 percent the Lord intervening and I know that without a doubt.

Here is the picture we have from Jordan's accident, don't look at it if these things freak you out. It's not bad in my opinion, but hey just a disclaimer.




Because of the holiday which makes you cherish your loved ones, and getting out Jordan's scrapbook and looking at the pictures from the accident really put things in perspective for me. Jordan's mom still gets choked up when she looks at the pictures from his accident. Sometimes I think to myself, what if Jordan didn't make it through the accident? It chokes me up to even think about it. I look at our daughter, our lives, our love, and it makes me weep, I'm trying to hold it together now. I  CAN NOT imagine life without Jordan. This is so funny to me, but he is my soul mate. I am so thankful for him.

This St. Valentine's day has reminded me how much my family means to me, and that there is a plan for all of us. Jordan is in my plan, I am in his, and Hallie is in ours. I love my little family!

1 comment:

  1. Oh The Vow.
    Honestly...I kinda hated Paige the whole movie. She was driving me a little crazy. Plus she got to be married to Channing Tatum.

    ReplyDelete