Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Family Vacation: Bear Lake

Jordan's family does a family vacation every year. I think it started a couple years before we got married. But there are so many of us that it is one time during the year that we can all get together and just have fun. This year we went to Bear Lake. It was sad because Jordan's 2 sisters, Chalai and Hillary, and their families were missing. But all the boys were there.

We rent a cabin in Bear Lake and then do lots of fun activities. This year the activities included: nature hike, Paris Tabernacle, Beach Day, Jet ski, and Lava Hot Springs. I have to say my two favorites were the Paris Tabernacle and the jet ski.

If you have never been to the Paris Tabernacle, well you are missing out. They offer free tours all day, all summer long. The building has been there since 1889. Jordan and I really enjoy doing stuff like touring old historic buildings, especially when they are part of church history. There is so much church history that I don't even know about (one of these days I will be a church history scholar, mark my words...). The building is very cool and they let you go in every room. I love that. I hate when you take a tour of an old building and there are tons of rooms you are not allowed to look in. What is the point? Hey! I am just a curious being! I just want to look! But not here. You are allowed to look at everything. And pretty much touch everything too. It was awesome.

Also the jet ski. So fabulous. I haven't been since high school probably... and my early high school years at that. It is sad to grow up around boats and then not have any. You know exactly what you are missing out on. But I didn't let all that lost time take any of my skills away. I used to have my boating license! I pretty much ruled the jet ski. Jordan wasn't even as crazy as I was. I threw him off once too! I would have gone off with him if he didn't let go of me. I got a real good laugh out of that one. But the coolest things about Bear Lake is the water. It is the caribbean blue you go to Mexico just to see. So when we were way far out on the jet ski, we would just look at the water. It was so clear, so blue, and so beautiful!

The vacation is filled with lots of late nights, early mornings, crazy skits, screaming kids, sick kids, good food, munchies, sunburns, and so much more. It was so nice to get a vacation from everything and just be with the family. I'm really lucky to have such amazing in-laws, parents and siblings.

















We can't wait until next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment