Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Squatch sighting.

Jordan and I spotted the squatch. I am not even kidding. If you have seen the video on youtube from like the 60s or 70s... it is the same exact squatch. We saw him at a football game last week. If you haven't seen the video here is a frozen pic from it.


Prepare yourself. For this is crazy.


haha. just kidding. We did spot a little Hallie Bug and she was running around the football game like mad. I took this picture to remember how wild she was. As soon as I took it I turned to Jordan and asked what it reminded him of.. for some reason we both thought... squatch. So we spotted him.. or a bit of his character in our little girl.

I always want to write some amazing post about all the things that Hallie is doing. All I ever end up doing is just listing everything and when I read back over it.. It reads frantic and a little bit insane. I think I want to try to remember all the little things that she does that I don't want to forget to write about it in a post. My thoughts come and go so easily that it comes out frantic and crazy. I hope I can slow it down a little so you can get a picture of what Hallie is really like.

My child is a genius. I'm sure all the parents say that. This is legit. She is genius material. Alright maybe I'm just a little excited about my child. She is super smart though without a doubt. To preface, she is super observant. Ever since she was born. She never had that crazy eyes baby thing. Right when she came out the womb she knew what was up. Now for the examples.

1. Her Grandpa Blair was sitting with an empty cup on the couch (This was about a month ago) Hallie came over to him like, hey you with the cup! Give me a drink please! He handed her the cup. She stuck her little nose in the cup and looked at Gpa like, "um excuse me sir, this is empty." She immediately walked over to the fridge, stood up on her tippy toes and held the cup as high as she could to reach the cup to the water. I was a very proud mamma at that moment. I mean come on! Genius!

2. She is talking up a storm. I mean real talking. She babbles most of the time, which is freaking adorable but when she looks at me and actually talks, it melts my heart. Even when she has been a bum. She has started the "what's that?" and "I don't know" and more that I can think of at the moment. Also, she is repeating almost everything I say to her. I seriously need to watch myself (sometimes I can have a wee bit of a sailor tone to my language.. I know it's bad).

Her first words were daddy and mommy and slowly moved to bye bye and doggie. Well now there are specifics. Hillary has a puppy names Axle (which Hallie & Ax are probably BFFs) and whenever she hears the dogs barking, she looks at the door and says, doggie! So we head up stairs to go see the doggie. Then when we get up there Ax comes and gives Hallie a big kiss and she yells, Axle!! Oh yeah I'm not even kidding. It kind of sounds like apple, but x's are hard!

Other words.. Kitty, wow, no, uh-oh, cracker, cookie, chip, fruit snack, etc.

3. She recognizes people. Her gpa Blair is the Bishop of our ward, and he sits on the stand. On Sunday we come in and sit down. Jordan asked Hallie where grandpa was. She looked around saw him on the stand, pointed and said papa!! Then she got a huge smile on her face while she jumped up and down on the pew.

4. She knows exactly where the fruit snacks and bananas are. When I sit her in her high chair she can see on top of the counters. If we have bananas, she can see them. She will point and scream until you give her one. And this girl loves bananas. I always give into her tantrum. AT least she always eats the whole thing.

Whenever we go upstairs to visit grandma, if her pantry is open, Hallie goes right over to it. At first she would just stand there and stare at the box. Now, if you aren't fast enough, she will take the whole box out and bring it over to you and try to fit as many in her hands as possible. There is something about fruit snacks... At least when she is done, I can tell her to put her trash in the garbage. And she does it. Genius. I'm telling you, genius!!

5. Hallie knows exactly what she wants. She is starting to feel all these new emotions, and frustration is one of them. She gets frustrated kind of easily. When she does, man watch out. She hits decibels that only dogs can hear. Not only that but she will hold them out too, so this high pitched, long drawn out scream. Which she usually demonstrates during the passing of the Sacrament on Sundays.

6. She blows kisses. And I don't mean put her hand on her mouth and move it. She actually puts her hand to her mouth, kisses it, drops it, and blows it. The whole, real, blowing kisses process. She is amazing at it. It's the cutest thing I think I have ever seen. I can also get her to put her hands under her chin like she is posing. I don't have a picture of it yet, but when I do it's going up on the blog asap!

Well that's all I got for how much of a genius my child is. I'm sure there is more, but I'll just have to post more as I remember I guess! I just have to say, that she is such a joy. I can be so angry at her for acting out (which she knows when I am mad at her, see another thing about my genius baby!) and she will come over and won't leave me alone until I give her a hug and tell her that I'm not mad anymore. That just melts my heart. She gives the best hugs. Little arms around my neck and she squeezes until I feel like I can't breath. It is the best. I am blesssed to be her mommy!





1 comment:

  1. hahahaha. oh my goodness. i was totally into it. Melissa saw the squatch!!! and it reminded me of that sketchy "magazine" we worked for and how the guy wanted me to read a book all about sasquatch and how he's real and then he wanted you and me to go on a sasquatch trip to washington and try to find him! remember!!!? what a nutcase.

    anyways....hallie is tots adorbs. :)

    ReplyDelete