Tuesday, October 2, 2012

BYU Football

This last weekend we had the opportunity to go to the BYU vs Hawaii football game. It was a blow-out game (we won 47-0) but it was still really fun. Pretty much every year since we have been married Jordan's Dad buys the tickets and we all drive down for one game. We love to watch BYU football, so to actually go is awesome.


All the couples (minus Hyrum & Chalai) got to come this year. Which is a butt load of people. 8 couples, plus Hallie and her cousin Reese. We went to Tucanos for lunch/dinner or linner before the game. It was so delicious. Jordan had never experienced the Brazilian grill in all its awesomeness. Let's just say he is a fan.


Hallie was pretty good through the football game. She had a fever, was extremely tired, and wanted to climb up and down the STEEP stadium stairs. I can only remember her screaming a handful of times. We bought her a t-shirt with a baby cougar that says BYU. It is adorable. 

One of the best parts was that I got to see one of my very best friends, Bonnie. We have known each other since we were ten years old. It was so fun to sit and talk (and barely watch the game). You know when you are just in a poopy mood for a couple weeks because you feel like you just need a little bit of "home?" Well Bonnie does that for me. She just perks me right up. We are extremely different, but somehow we just make sense.


After the game we got to stay in a hotel. Driving back is insane. The hotel was only about 5 minutes away regularly, which turned into a 30-45 minute ride back. Hallie had fallen asleep at the very end of the football game, so she slept the whole time. Which I might add is unheard of. She never sleeps anywhere but her crib.


In the morning we took Hallie swimming in the hotel pool. She loves the water. She has no fear. She would walk in herself without us watching, she did walk in alone, but luckily we were watching. I have to be careful with this one! We forgot a swim diaper so we just used a regular diaper. Holy cow. Never doing that again. The diaper held up for a good ten minutes, and then the two liners came apart and Hallie's bathing suit was filled with goopy clear crystal stuff. It was hilarious to watch her try to walk in the full diaper, but the clean up stunk. I hope that nobody minded that Hallie probably peed in the pool after we took her diaper off to swim.

(I have pictures but they are on the hubbies phone... check back later!)

We also got to visit the City Creek Center. It is the most gorgeous mall/shopping center. I wish I lived in Utah just so I could walk around there everyday. That might be a bad thing though because I would just end up spending a ton of money. We ate at the food court, but I didn't want regular food I could get in IF so I went to Kneaders, a bakery kind of like Panera... but a million times better. Seriously it was so delicious. But maybe my perception is skewed because I was about to eat my arm at the time...

We got home late Saturday. I was kind of sad because I missed the General Relief Society Broadcast, and I heard it was amazing. Hopefully I'll get to re-watch it online or something.

Overall the trip= SUCCESS! I feel like I've gone to Utah way too many times recently. Maybe we should just move there.... :)

1 comment: