Monday, December 31, 2012

CHRISTMAS

This year we spent Christmas in Colorado on the Dixon side. We weren't sure that it was going to happen this year, but we are so grateful that it did. Hallie was spoiled rotten and it was such a blast.

My parents bought her a "roller coaster." My little sister Kaylie had one of these when we were growing up, and even us older kids would play with it. Mostly we would take the car and ride it down the hill into the pool, but it was such a blast. When we all came up from the basement in the morning she spotted it and walked right up to it and made the "ooooooo" sound. It was almost as if she knew exactly what to do right away. She is a pro at it now, but at first it was scary to watch her do it. I have to remember that I have a big 18 month old girl now!! She has played with it everyday since, but I'm not looking forward to figuring out the car puzzle to get it home. Sitting around her watching her go down, all together was such a fun opening to Christmas morning.




My sister also spoiled her and bought her the Little People Disney Princess Castle. If you don't know what this is.. then you probably don't have a little girl aged 1-5. I guess this was the "Top Toy" of 2012 for girls this age. My sister told me she went everywhere to get her one, and all the little people accessories to go with it. Good thing Hallie is in love with it or I would feel awful for her doing so much work to get it!

Hallie also got a bunch of bath toys, mega building blocks, necklaces and bracelets, a unicorn, the blanket that I made her, clothes, shoes, and Princess slippers! I am sure there is more.. it seemed like she was opening tons of things!

I had such a blast watching her open presents. We had a warm up with the Sautter Christmas party.. but she didn't seem to really get it. But oh boy, did she prove me wrong! She was tearing things up left and right. She was also taking other people's gifts and trying to open them. It was awesome. Unfortunately, we were so caught up in the moment, we didn't take any pictures or videos, and when we did remember, it was at the end of gift opening when Hallie was starving and ready for her nap. So I have a video of her screaming... but none of the cute stuff.

Jordan and I got exactly what we wanted from my parents too: Assasin's Creed III (for Jordan) a leather jacket for me, and a bluetooth speaker system for at home. I love my parents and am so grateful to them. They always want to make your Christmas dreams come true:)

Which I have to share... Christmas 2009, my parents bought me my MacBook Pro. I remember opening it and just crying, so overwhelmed with emotion, surprise, and gratitude. I found out a couple days before Christmas that my parents bought my little sister, Kaylie, the brand new MacBook Pro. She is a Senior in HS this year, so it was also for graduation. It was so fun to watch her open it. It was probably very similar to when I opened it because everyone knew but me, and even though the size and weight of the present makes sense now... having no clue you are getting that gift throws it way off. I loved the look on her face. Of course, she cried.. It is like receiving a Christmas Miracle! I couldn't help but tear up too and remember how special it was for me.

The rest of the day was spent eating MEXICAN WEDDING BREAKFAST!!, playing games, hanging out, watching movies, Christmas dinner (HONEYBAKED HAM) and playing with all our new toys. It was such a wonderful Christmas. I love my family so much and making it possible for us to come to Colorado and spend time with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment