Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolution Recap

In January I wrote a post about all my New Year's Resolutions for 2012. This being the very last day of 2012, I decided I would update all my good friends on all the progress I have made this year (notice how I say progress... and not shortcomings....)

I had 12 resolutions, and I will go through and tell you about each!!

1. Write a blog post every week.

I might not have done this every single week. But this is my 52nd post for the year. Fitting isn't it? I look back on all the awesome memories, and am so excited that I have these to remember for always. If anyone knows of a great blog printing website.. let me know!

2. Read through the Book of Mormon at least 1 time.

I finished today! I am so glad I did this. I know so much more about the Book of Mormon. There have also been many a times when I was reading, and then something would jump out at me because it was happening in my life at that moment, or I had just read something and I had an experience that related to what I was reading. It was awesome. I have to admit though I made it half way through Alma in about 6 weeks.. and then that was my downfall. I got lost in all the battles. But I finished! Hooray!!

3. Have family prayer/scripture/family home evening.

I have to say we did a lot better than ever before. We are not yet to the everyday goal, but we are on our way.

4. Read 20 Books this year.

I didn't make it to 20, but this is what I read. I got to 18.

Unbelieveable-Pretty Little Liars 4
Wicked-Pretty Little Liars 5
Killer-Pretty Little Liars 6
Heartless-Pretty Little Liars 7
Wanted-Pretty Little Liars 8
Twisted-Pretty Little Liars 9 
Ruthless-Pretty Little Liars 10
Incarceron
The Secret Journal of Brett Coloton
The Kite Runner
Destined (Wings #4)
A Modest Proposal (Butterfly Box Series #1)
Hometown Girl (Butterfly Box Series #2)
The Perfect Fit (Butterfly Box Series #3)
Pillar of Light- Work & The Glory 1
Work & The Glory 2
Work & the Glory 3 (I am in the middle of this one)
Book of Mormon! 

5. Learn 20 new things in photoshop/illustrator

I didn't keep track of this one, but I know that I did it. I mean just look at how much better my photos are! I also subscribed to lynda.com this year and have been watching like a mad woman, and applying the things I was watching.

6. Living the ABC's.

I know that I did not do this everyday, but I know I have been way better at it. I think that being called into the Young Women's program and then being part of the pilot program for the new teaching method for the church, has definitely made me better at this. My Attitude, Believing, and Courage has grown ten fold this year and I owe it all to the gospel.

7. Run a Half Marathon.

Well... cough cough.. didn't quite get this one done. Jordan and I did join a gym. Which was step one. We also ran a 5k a couple of times while working out. I didn't quite get there, but I am getting better. Maybe next year!

8. Give Someone a Book of Mormon

I gave one to one of my very best friends that I love dearly. I was so afraid. I was so afraid I would ruin our friendship or she would never want to talk to me ever again. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had. I gave it to her for Christmas, what better gift, that the gift of the Savior? I was gearing up for it all year, and praying about it. It all worked out. :)

9. Make 10 fun projects.

I know that I did this. I couldn't tell you what I did, but I know that I did it. Mostly when we redecorated our apartment.. we painted basically every piece of furniture we own. Hallie's birthday had the other half.. I worked on that for a couple months!

10. Be a good wife and mom

Again I have to thank being in Young Women's for this one. I think the program is actually about making the leaders better people! Just kidding. But it really does. I also have to thank Pinterest, for helping me be brave and all the crazy meals that I decided to make this year. I also have one smart kid, I mean that's my doing right?? :)

11. Make a budget and stick to it.

I think that this resolution is severely lacking in accomplishment.. but there were many steps that we made to make this one a little bit closer to reality. Hopefully next year will be even better.

12. Make one new friend.

Again, I have to thank YW!! I made friends with a ton of people from that, but especially my friend Brittany. She is awesome and I love her. She is such an inspiration to me and such a joy to be around. I love you Brittany!

Well that is it for the year of 2012... see you in 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment