Thursday, December 20, 2012

Rock On

Well I meant to post this forever ago, it happened in October, so I'm going to now. I know that all 12 of my avid readers would not want to miss out on this exciting snippet from my life.

As many of you know, Hallie is about 18 month old. When we did this she was 16 month old. She is an awesome sleeper and does really well when people baby sit her, so I have no clue why Jordan and I haven't done anything like it sooner. We went to a concert. The last time we went to a concert was John Mayer in 2010. It's only two years, but that is a long time to me when I used to be a concert buff. If it wasn't for our friends Ryan and Kayli we might not have ventured to Blackfoot for this experience.

The concert was Parachute, All-American Rejects, and Boys Like Girls. I was kind of skeptical to go at first, I thought there would be a bunch of random emo high school or even middle school kids there, and it totally turned me off. The last time I even listened to any of these bands was when I was in high school myself. I know that wasn't long ago, but when you get married and have a baby sometimes you just feel like you have to let go of being young and hip and start being an old bump on a log (If you are married and/or have babies, you know what I mean).  

I'm not going to lie, I grabbed on to my adolescence that night and I rocked. haha. There were a bunch of teenie boppers, lesbians, emos, cake-faces, and even old people. I meant like they looked like grandparents. But I thought, hey if they like this kind of music, more power to them (or they could have just been babysitting their granddaughter....). I had so much fun. I didn't remember any of the lyrics. I just had fun hanging out with Jordan feeling the music.

The concert was in Blackfoot. Where you may ask? Well it's such a small.. um venue.. I guess you could call it, that not even Google Maps could pull it up. Or maybe Google Maps has a hygienic policy to be able to be searched out. Who knows. All I know is that it was in a place called El Centenario. I think El Centenario translated is dirty old condemned grocery store, that a few Mexicans decided to cut the locks off, throw up a stage, and call a venue. I think that's about right.

Even though it was dirty and disgusting, I loved it. It was so small and intimate, we were in the back, but only about 30 feet from the stage. We could have made our way closer, but I liked snuggling like teenagers in the back.

I do have to say my only complaint would be the lead singer of AAR. He is disgusting. I mean I would not be surprised if he is a registered sex offender. Besides that it was great!

It was so fun to feel young and free again. Even though I am young and free. I guess I am speaking metaphorically.



ps. look. I wore a necklace. Total throwback. The last time I did that was in high school too. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment